Sunday 27 May 2018

Hnin Htet Phyu ~ Parliamentary Senior Officer

The following Parliamentary Senior Officer (student) ’s English case study is on page 188 in the English Voices of Myanmar Parliamentary Curriculum that was published in March 2018

 The higlight was Traning for critical thinking , for  teamwork, lots of group discussions and presentation for my work”.

My name is Hnin Htet Phyu. I am from Tarmwe township, Yangon Division,  Myanmar
 
When did you first take English ? I first learn English language in basic education primary school , when I was in  primary class.  I started Learning English when I was 5 years old  . But that learning was very basic. 
  
When did you begin to speak English? I began to speak English when I was 27 years old. Because I am very shy and I am more interested in reading  than speaking.
  
What is interesting about the Cuso English class?      I am attending CUSO English Class for three months. This class gave training for critical thinking , for lots of group discussions and presentation . So , I was got more vocabularies , knowledge (about other countries and about Canada).  I could  thinking  more widespread in English , from critical thinking , group discussions.   And then I got confident to speak in english by do presentation much times.

Our class teacher , Alice  gave duties to us . We had to act like brainstormers , writer, presenter every day, every lesson. So we got  best outlook of team work . And then I am a shy person . I was not brave to present in front of class. But now I got confident to speak with the help of Alice. Because  she is very kindly and she is skillfull to teach speaking. She rejoined by a long way on our presentation.

We present about review, fashion, family life in Myanmar, Myanmar culture, parliamentary work, my hero, global citizenship everyday. CUSO learning style is very freely . We all liked this teaching style very much .

How has Cuso English Class helped you with your parliamentary work?  Our abilities of speak in English be well. We got confident to speak from our CUSO class. So, we are not shy to speak with other persons . So , we can help our MPs for their parliamentary work when they need to speak to Foreigners. And then we can search some English data from website , daily English newspapers , English news program from TV for translating to Myanmar language.

Would you recommend Cuso English training?  I would like to some recommend for CUSO English training. That is keep on “group work methodology concepts” and “  Do presentions for many topics” . Because of we need to be brave to speak English very well and have nothing any shy”.  In Myanmar some people are very shy person . So we need to do practice for speaking skill with native speakers.  However , we are happy and satisfied to learn English from CUSO English training. So, I would like to say thanks for all.

What was the highlight in Cuso English class?  
·      Training for critical thinking , for lots of teamwork for group discussions and presentation for my work.

·      Questions for conversation much me think deeply

·      I got confident to speak with my group for brainstormers and presenters  and to speak English much times

More later ... in the meantime, wishing you fun reading and lots of laughter for the rest of May 2018….:)

No comments:

Post a Comment