Monday 28 May 2018

Thida Aung ~ Parliamentary Junior Officer

The following Parliamentary Junior Officer (student)’s English case study is on page 189 in the English Voices of Myanmar Parliamentary Curriculum that was published in March 2018.

Thida Aung ‘The highlight for me was extensive vocabulary and circle discussions… ‘

‘My name is Thida Aung. My hometown is Yangon. I now work at Amyotha Hluttaw Office in Nay Pyi Taw’.

When did you first take English? ‘I started learning English as one of the school subjects since primary school when I was 5 years old. Reading and writing are the skills we used a lot in learning English subject when we attended primary, middle and high school’.

When did you begin to speak English? ‘I began to speak English language in my University student life. When I attended a diploma course of English language proficiency, I got a chance to speak English language with Myanmar Teacher who speak English language. I took a weekend class and the course took about 2 years’.
.
What is interesting about the Cuso English class? By attending cuso English class, I have a chance to speak English with a native speaker .So my listening skill is improving a lot. I have noticed that my speaking, listening and presentation skills are improving than before. Now, I don’t feel panic to speak with foreigner and I can do presentation in front of the people without being nervous because in a class, we have to present about the topic that are relating to the lessons every day. We have to share the knowledge with each other in group works. By doing that, we can make friends with each other and we can create a lot of ideas and questions to generate a conversation concerning with the topic we discussed.  

I have realized that working together in a classroom is the best way to understand lessons and cooperation.’

How has Cuso English Class helped you with your parliamentary work?  The topics of the lessons are very interesting and useful for my work. I am a visitor service team member in my office, so I have to explain about the hluttaw to visitors who are from foreign countries. Because of doing the presentation on a daily basis, I have more confident to speak with foreigners. In a class, we have to discuss and present about the functions of Hluttaw so it’s very helpful for my work. We also learnt about ASEAN Citizens, Global Citizens Gender Role and Human Rights. I think those are very important to understand well not only for parliamentary staff but also for all citizens’.

Would you recommend Cuso English training?  Exactly yes, because I do like the teaching methodology and style, active and friendly teacher, the topics we have learnt and we can make friends who are from other Hluttaw offices. I would say that it’s a great opportunity to speak English better. And we also got the critical thinking skill through our lessons and the teacher can make us to be a responsive class. Sometimes we arrive to class late or sometimes we leave class early due to work demands. The teacher doesn’t force us to come to class on time. She is very warm, understanding, flexible and kind-hearted teacher and she gets on well with all the students and all people’.

What was the highlight in Cuso English class?  There are many highlights for me!
·      The highlight for me was extensive vocabulary and circle discussions.

·      The highlight of Cuso English class for me is that I can use vocabularies effectively in the work place and social interactions with accuracy.
  • ·  The highlight for me also are many Discussions  we have in class that contributes new ideas and sharing knowledge with teacher Alice and classmates .

More later ... in the meantime, wishing you fun reading and lots of laughter for the rest of May 2018….:)

No comments:

Post a Comment