Tuesday 15 December 2015

Chan Sovanpanah's story

VSO Volunteer Assistant   
Hi.  My name is Chan Sovanpanah, I am 22 years old and I grew up in the beautiful Khmer village of Cham Katea Village in Sen Monorom, Mondulkiri Province.   After I graduated from grade 12 at the Hun Sen Sen Monorom High school, I studied English literature at Svay Rieng University, Svay Rieng province.
Panah's story
Education was the best investment that my parents gave me.  Because of their support, I gained the correct knowledge necessary for me to secure a good job. I am so proud to tell you  that as a result of my education, I got a job as a Volunteer Assistant with VSO which is one big international NGO.   VSO has taught me how to be more competent in my work and these skills have helped me  in my personal life and gained me respect in my community. 
My take home message is to tell you that in any corner of the world, education is considered to be the most powerful weapon on earth; and this is especially true in my home country, the Kingdom of Wonder.   Presently, the government, local and international NGO’s, and communities throughout our nation, are very active and are actively focused on education.  For instance, Mr. Hong Chunnarong, the Minister of Education, has pushed every student to enroll at school, to stay at school and to finish school. 
With this in mind, I would like to urge you parents to send your children school;  to send your children to school means that you are guiding them and enriching their lives toward a better road, the road of prosperity. 
 More later ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment