Monday 14 December 2015

Chey Chantan's story

Doctor
Hello, my name is Chey Chantan.
I was born in a small scenic P’hnong village near the foothills of ‘Bousra’ waterfall in Pench Chreada district.  To me, Bousra falls is the most magnificent waterfall in all of Mondolkiri province.  For 32 years, my Bunong heritage has made me as resilient as the waterfall itself.  I am presently single, but my family and I have a plan to find a beautiful young woman in Bousra Commune to be my wife within the next 2-3 years. 
Chantan's story
In July 2015, I graduated from Pasteur Medical University in Phnom Penh, and became a medical doctor.  Thanks to my education, I now have a job at the health clinic in Bousra Commune.
My goal in the future is to open my very own clinic so that I can help the Bunong people in my community, especially those who live in rural and isolated areas.  My staff and I can travel to the villages to personally serve the people, and to help them with their medical conditions. Nowadays, I can do something good for the Bunong people that I have known all my life.
As a doctor, I can help my family: my father, my mother, my sister, my brother, my uncle and my cousins who live with us. I can also travel with my family to different places that we have not seen before.
I would like to tell parents, students and children that school enrolment and attendance are very important. Young people need to know that nowadays, our society focuses on knowledge and educated people.  When we get an education, we gain knowledge that we can use to help each other, our families and our country for a healthier and a prosperous future.
More later ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment